1 in stock
5-HTP (5-Hydroxtryptophan) encourages increased serotonin levels which is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity to promote a heightened state of emotional well-being, support appetite control and sleep/wake cycles.
1 in stock
5-HTP (5-Hydroxtryptophan) encourages these benefits on the brain:
- Promotes enhanced serotonin levels
- May improve emotional well-being, appetite control and sleep/wake cycles
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
5-HTP is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of the essential amino acid, tryptophan, to serotonin. The enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase adds a hydroxyl group (OH) to tryptophan, forming the 5-HTP intermediate. In the body, it converts to serotonin with the removal of a carboxyl group (COOH) by a second enzyme. Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion, appetite and sleep/wake cycles. In clinical studies, administration of 5-HTP supported serotonin production. The 5-HTP supplied in this supplement is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant.
|Dimensions||2.0 × 2.0 × 4 in|
each vegetable capsule contains v 3
5-hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplicifolia) ………………………….. 100 mg
(hypo-allergenic plant fiber added to complete capsule volume requirement)
1–3 capsules per day, in divided doses, before meals.
Always consult to your health care provider for proper dosing.
Clinical trials report:
- Emotional Well-Being: Two open trials and a double blind comparative investigation indicate that 5-HTP provides promising support for emotional well-being. Additional studies indicate similar potential for support.
- Appetite And Weight Management Support: 5-HTP has been shown to help moderate appetite and food cravings in study participants.
- Cranial Vessel Comfort: In several trials, including one that involved over 100 subjects, 5-HTP has demonstrated the ability to promote healthy cranial vessel comfort and function.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. 5-HTP may cause gastrointestinal upset in sensitive individuals.
Potential Drug Interactions
Do not use concurrently with SSRI medications or MAO inhibitors.